I have worked on quite a few different industries over the years.
Marketing, publishing, new media, travel and hospitality just to name a few.
Check out what I’ve done and maybe I can help you where you are going.
RACHEL WESCOTT // Art & Creative Directon
I am… a creative, intelligent, personable designer and team player. I will… always be dedicated to great ideas and inventive solutions. I have… demonstrated diligence in accomplishing the goals necessary to execute and complete projects in an environment demanding quality, timing, and innovative results.
Creative Design Leadership // Trellist, Marketing & Technology – Wilmington, DE // 2016 – Present
Creates internal and external advertising solutions for clients of Trellist. Partners with expert strategists, analysts, developers and designers. Uses creative problem solving skills in a highly collaborative environment to develop captivating digital advertising.
- Works as both lead designer and resource for leading financial client in the digital marketing space on both direct response campaigns and cross-sell marketing for affinity partners of the client
- Collaborates with UX experts and developers in refreshing e-commerce website and provides on-going maintanence of high end fashion retailer
- Partners with other creative team members and strategists in ongoing rebranding campaign for large medical tissue non-profit
- Creative lead on small business website hosting company for digital marketing A/B test and learn strategy to determine market response and brand awareness. Goal is to use findings to discover best mix of marketing for customer conversion and reduce lead to close time.
Art Director // Capital One, Internal Advertising & Marketing – Wilmington, DE // 2013 – 2015
Created internal and external advertising solutions for Capital One Bank, Capital One 360 and Capital One Cafés in conjunction with the Brand Strategy team. Used creative problem solving skills to translate abstract information into engaging advertising solutions.
- Provided artwork for multiple customer, prospect and internal associate advertising from concept to completion under established Capital One Brand Standards while also delivering creative solutions across both web and print.
- Art directed and provided photography for Capital One 360 events and sponsorships to be used in advertising as needed.
- Brand steward for Capital One 360 ensuring consistent creative across all advertising channels.
- Supported managers with creative expertise when QA-ing agency directed creative for brand adherence and consistency.
- Updated and owns the 360 Brand and Specification guides that determine effective delivery and Brand adherence of creative work for Capital One 360.
- Worked in tandem with brand managers to coordinate projects across multiple business lines delivering creative projects in a timely manner.
- Partnered with leaders in IT department to create exceptional responsive web design to drive customer response utilizing Capital One Brand Standards.
- Integrated campaign projects encompass but are not limited to the following: online branding and acquisition, responsive web, email campaigns, logos, direct mail, internal and external advertisements, bank retail campaigns
Art Director // Star/The Media & Marketing Group, Ad Agency – Voorhees, NJ // 2011 – 2013
Associate Art Director // Star/The Media & Marketing Group, Ad Agency – Voorhees, NJ // 2010 – 2011
Designer // Star/The Media & Marketing Group, Ad Agency – Voorhees, NJ // 2008 – 2010
Managed, trained and mentored a team of up to 6 artists to lead the daily creative for Seneca Gaming Corporation and other clients as needed. Art direction, brand management, copywriting and creative design for high-profile clients such as Harrah’s Entertainment, Caesars, Total Rewards, Seven Stars, Seneca Gaming Corporation, Citron, Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs, 10•e PR, and other clients as assigned.
- Led new brand launch of three Seneca Casinos, art directing the creative strategy for print, TV, web and social media advertising for a multi-million dollar corporation. The resulting increase of business from the brand relaunch enabled Seneca Casinos to expand their physical presence from two to three locations further expanding the client’s business
- Collaborated with Creative Director on design layouts and type setting for booklets, catalogs, identities and promotional materials
- Successfully trained and mentored new hires and younger designers on the processes and procedures of the agency
- Major contributor for 3 years leading the brand direction of Total Rewards, the most-widely accessed casino loyalty rewards program
- Successfully demonstrated a marked increase in customer retention and brand awareness for Total Rewards throughout all 40 Harrah’s Entertainment casinos including Harrah’s, Caesars, Showboat, Bally’s and Planet Hollywood
- Developed direct mail creative standards for Seven Stars, a nationally recognized high-roller rewards program, as well as casino clients Harrah’s, Caesars, and Bally’s
- Successfully trained and mentored new hires and younger designers on the processes and procedures of the agency
Associate Art Director // Masterminds, Inc., Ad Agency – Egg Harbor Twp., NJ // 2007 – 2008
Art direction for advertising of various clients such as: Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Fallen Oak Golf Club, Monte Carlo Resort & Casino Las Vegas and The Westfield Group.
- Created new brand identity for Beau Rivage by collaborating with my assigned team under the direction of Creative Director
- Helped conceptual development, design and positioning for new Tom Fazio designed golf course, Fallen Oak Golf Club
- Designed initial print campaign for Meadows Racetrack & Casino company launch
- Collaborated with team of copywriters and other art directors on a new advertising campaign for both JFK & Logan airport terminal interiors
New Media Designer & Digital Producer // The News Journal, A Gannett Newspaper – New Castle, DE // 2006 – 2007
Hired to be in charge of the creation of all online advertising sold by internal and external ad executives. Within 6 months was responsible for the main revenue stream for the Online Marketing Department, having been put in charge of the online ad-serving software that supports the editorial content of www.delawareonline.com.
- In charge of monitoring, scheduling and tracking of all online advertising inventory using 24/7 Real Media ad-serving software
- Produced webmercials for advertising and branding promotions on www.delawareonline.com
- Created Flash or animated banners as directed for Gannet companies such as Careerbuilder.com, Cars.com and ShopLocal.com
- Helped web producers with designing contest microsite pages, tracking databases and extrapolating collected data
- Troubleshot customer issues regarding the website, fielding calls and responding to e-mail inquiries in a timely manner
Senior Graphic Designer // NuCar Connection, Inc., Internal Advertising & Marketing – New Castle, DE // 2002 – 2006
Launched in-house Marketing and Design Department in collaboration with Marketing Director. Extensive experience gained in print, online and outdoor advertising as well as event design, corporate identity development and mobile advertising.
- Developed branding standards and practices, implementing a new corporate image
- In-charge of the coordination and campaign consistency of a $2.75 million dollar advertising budget annually for 4 years
- Guided design and advertising for marketing department of main company, three satellite locations and one subsidiary company
Freelance Art Director // The Grand Theatre, Theatre Company – Williamstown, NJ // 2014 – Present
Commissioned to design posters, direct mail and marketing materials for past and current season productions.
- 2015 Season: Ghost:The Musical, Barefoot in the Park, West Side Story, The 25th Annual Putnum County Spelling Bee, Jekyll & Hyde, Miracle on 34th Street
- 2016 Season: In the Heights, The Glass Menagerie, Guys & Dolls, Altar Boyz, American Idiot, Mary Poppins
Freelance Art Director // Drop the Hat Productions, Entertainment Company – Philadelphia, PA // 2010 – 2013
Set photography, cinematography and promotional design for God Said No and Maximum Impact, both 10 minute shorts made as a part of Project21.
- Maximum Impact 1-sheet promotional poster, flyers and social media design support
- God Said No 1-sheet promotional poster and flyers
Freelance Art Director // Deux Au Natural, Organic Health Food – Voorhees, NJ // 2011 – 2012
Brand redesign for an organic health food retail store resulting in a 35% increase in sales.
- Custom food photography and branding for menu boards, catering and take out menus
Freelance Artist // Pixeled Business Systems, Web Design & Hosting Company – San Diego, CA // 2006 – 2010
Part-time contractor. Developed identities, advertising and promotional materials for a wide range of clients.
- Designed corporate identity for online mortgage broker GoLend, online apparel company POP ROCK Industries, financial company Spartacus and online health food store Totally Organic
Freelance Art Director // WonkaVision Magazine – Philadelphia, PA // 2008 – 2010
Solely responsible for art direction and creation of all design content for an 88-page independent arts and music magazine.
- Liaised with nationwide staff on editorial content, giving creative direction to illustrators for commissioned artwork
- Worked with Photo Editor in the art direction, managing and editing of publicist-supplied artist imagery
- Oversaw preflight & production of file mechanicals and creating press-ready files, saving WonkaVision $2,500 each printing
- Cultivated a favorable relationship with the magazine’s contracted print vendor Curtis Publications
Freelance Art Director // BRAT Productions, Theatre Company – Philadelphia, PA // 2007
Part-time contractor. Developed advertising, posters and promotions for avant-garde theatre production company that produces plays with “thinking outside the proscenium” in mind.
- Art direction, logo design, posters, and direct mail for a ten-year anniversary production of A 24-hour The Bald Soprano
- Designed print campaign for independent Fringe Festival production FATBOY
Freelance Art Director // FI Creative, Design Firm – Cherry Hill, NJ // 2005-2009
Part-time contractor. Developed print and online advertising, marketing, web design, and promotions as assigned.
- Designed broadcast graphics for healthcare non-profit CareLift International
- Supported creative team for Helium Comedy Club’s rebranding, including concept development for print advertising and graphics for www.HeliumComedy.com that resulted in an more substantial web presence for the club and an increase in ticket sales
- Created new corporate image for construction company Joffe Millwork & Supply Co., including a logo, a product catalogue, and web landing page that in turn allowed the sales team to successfully increase new business sales
- Developed logo redesign and website for Creative Aqua, a retail aquarium store
Philadelphia Academy of Fine Arts • Philadelphia, PA. Docent, 2011 – 2013
Art Institute of Philadelphia • Philadelphia, PA. Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design, 2006 // Dean’s List, GPA 3.8
Art Institute of Philadelphia • Philadelphia, PA. Associate of Science, Graphic Design, 2002
Printing Industries Award – Best of Category: Seven Stars Renewal Book
AGA Communications Awards – Best Direct Mail: Seven Stars Renewal Book; Best Direct Mail Campaign: Atlantic City New Business Mailers